Thursday, February 13, 2020
Sign up for Newsletter
Become a Member
Donate to FTP
Please help support liberty
- The Back Mic: Fundraising Numbers in the 12 House Districts Democrats Flipped in 2018 January 17, 2020Here's a look at how each candidate running in the 12 Texas House districts that flipped from red to blue in 2018 fared in terms of fundraising.
- Trump Announces Revised Guidance on Prayer and Religious Expression in Public Schools January 17, 2020In 2018, a group of Texas middle-school students were stopped from praying in sight of their peers. President Trump announced new guidance to protect the religious liberty of students and teachers.
- Analysis: A seasonal change in Texas politics, as November trumps March January 17, 2020For a long time, the party primary elections in Texas have been more competitive than the general elections in November. Not anymore.
- New campaign finance reports help crystalize fight for state House majority January 17, 2020The reports, which were due Wednesday, provide the first fundraising checkpoint since the candidate fields were finalized last month.
- Records Indicate Two Congressional Candidates Only Voted Once January 16, 2020After a review of public records indicated that two congressional candidates had not voted before the 2019 General Election, one has come clean about his record. The post Records Indicate Two Congressional Candidates Only Voted Once appeared first on Texas Scorecard.
- Former Straus Staffer Hired as Top Lobbyist for Texas Cities January 16, 2020Speaker Straus’ former chief of staff has been hired by the taxpayer-funded Texas Municipal League to lobby against taxpayers in 2021. The post Former Straus Staffer Hired as Top Lobbyist for Texas Cities appeared first on Texas Scorecard.
- Two West Texas Cities Pass Ordinance Banning Abortions January 15, 2020Reading Time: 3 minutes Big Spring and Colorado City passed the Sanctuary City for the Unborn ordinance. They are the ninth and tenth cities in Texas to do so. Big Spring is the largest city so far to pass the ordinance, and they have one more procedural vote to finalize the policy. This comes in […]
- Big Spring Possible Sanctuary City for the Unborn January 13, 2020Reading Time: < 1 minute Tomorrow Big Spring City Council will vote on an ordinance against abortion and we need YOU to stand for Life! Citizens of Big Spring have been organizing the effort to make their town a Sanctuary City for the Unborn, and now city council is forced to make a decision. Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 14, […]