Thursday, April 9, 2020. 6:30 PM
Thursday, April 9 Fredericksburg Tea Party monthly meeting postponed due to WuHan virus pandemic.
Sign up for Newsletter
Become a Member
Donate to FTP
Please help support liberty
- Governor Abbott Provides Update on Hospital Beds Available for Coronavirus Patients in Texas April 3, 2020Governor Abbott noted that the number of immediately available beds to treat coronavirus patients is up 142 percent since mid-March.
- BREAKING: Court Order Halts Harris County Plan to Release Jail Inmates April 3, 2020After volleys between the county judge, sheriff, governor, and attorney general, Harris County plans to release felony suspects have been halted.
- Analysis: What makes a business essential depends on where you sit April 6, 2020Nonessential businesses in Texas (and elsewhere) have been told to close — a measure intended to increase social distance and to slow the spread of the new coronavirus. But every business is essential to someone.
- Healthcare workers on the front lines of coronavirus don't get expanded paid sick leave protections April 6, 2020The Labor Department has urged employers to “be judicious” in exempting their workers. Critics say the exemption hurts nurses and doctors, who have already complained about their lack of protective equipment.
- Commentary: Layoffs Anyway?! April 5, 2020In a time of national crisis, the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts begged the government for a $25 million handout before ungraciously kicking its staff to the curb. This is reflective of D.C.’s culture, certainly. But it does not at all mirror the rest of America. The post Commentary: Layoffs Anyway?! appeared first on Texas […]
- McKinney Keeps Golf Courses Open Amid Coronavirus Shutdown of ‘Non-Essential’ Businesses April 3, 2020City decides golf courses are “essential” and can follow safety guidelines, while other businesses remain shut down by COVID-19 disaster ordinance. The post McKinney Keeps Golf Courses Open Amid Coronavirus Shutdown of ‘Non-Essential’ Businesses appeared first on Texas Scorecard.