Sign up for Newsletter
Become a Member
Donate to FTP
Please help support liberty
- Rep. Chip Roy’s Bipartisan Legislation Aimed at Reforming PPP Loan Provisions Passes House in Near-Unanimous Vote May 29, 2020The U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill amending provisions of the Paycheck Protection Program that hindered businesses' abilities to stay afloat.
- Travis County Has Seen Huge Increase in Requests for Mail-in Ballots, Per County Clerk May 29, 2020Between the coronavirus pandemic and a special election for Senate District 14, Travis County has seen a huge increase in the number of applications for mail-in ballots.
- A weekend of protest and mourning: George Floyd's death spurs demonstrations in Texas cities May 30, 2020Floyd, who was raised in Houston's Third Ward, was killed in Minneapolis. Police officer Derek Chauvin has been charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter in his death, and rallies and protests are happening all over the nation, including several Texas cities.
- GOP voter registration group shutters amid coronavirus challenges May 30, 2020The super PAC Engage Texas raised nearly $13 million and hired hundreds of staffers but was not able to see a path forward as the pandemic persisted.
- Contact Tracing: Here’s What We Know So Far May 29, 2020While the tech giants say user privacy is central to the design, the reality is far more concerning. The post Contact Tracing: Here’s What We Know So Far appeared first on Texas Scorecard.
- Texas Senator Warns Abbott: Contact Tracing Could Permanently Stain Legacy May 29, 2020“In the COVID-19 scenario, contact tracing is technically wrong, financially wrong, and morally wrong.” The post Texas Senator Warns Abbott: Contact Tracing Could Permanently Stain Legacy appeared first on Texas Scorecard.