September Monthly Meeting
Thursday, September 12, 6:30PM
Sign up for Newsletter
Become a Member
Donate to FTP
Please help support liberty
- Pardo Family to Bring Case to Texas Supreme Court After Lower Court Denies Petition August 23, 2019Since the Fifth Court of Appeals denied the Pardo family's request to have their four-year-old returned home, they now turn to the Texas Supreme Court.
- Gun Owners of America Rally While Texas Safety Commission Meets in Austin August 23, 2019Governor Abbott’s Texas Safety Commission met for the first time on Thursday in response to the El Paso shooting, but some gun rights advocates are concerned that the meetings will lead to unwarranted Second Amendment restrictions.
- After asylum ruling, migrants in Juárez face a new choice: stay in line or try crossing elsewhere August 23, 2019A federal court ruled last week that the U.S. government could reject asylum seekers who failed to seek protection in other countries first — but only applied the ruling to Texas and New Mexico. Will that push migrants to try their luck in Arizona and California?
- Feds plan to make housing assistance harder for undocumented immigrants. Few in Texas are even getting it. August 23, 2019Undocumented immigrants don't qualify for federal housing assistance. But a new U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development rule barring such residents from subsidized homes could prompt evictions of families.
- Forum Showcases Solutions to Illegal Immigration August 23, 2019Congressman Roger Williams and USCIS Director Ken Cuccinelli discussed the crisis on the border and what is being done. The post Forum Showcases Solutions to Illegal Immigration appeared first on Texas Scorecard.
- Bonnen Losing Grip as Lawmakers Call for Caucus Meeting August 23, 2019Capitol sources say an upcoming caucus meeting is a major defeat for Speaker Bonnen and his leadership team. The post Bonnen Losing Grip as Lawmakers Call for Caucus Meeting appeared first on Texas Scorecard.
- Majority of Hispanic voters are Pro-Life; what this means for 2020 August 22, 2019Reading Time: 3 minutesA new public opinion poll highlights a key insight for winning Pro-Life victories in the 2020 election. The survey was conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute (PPRI), which Dave Andrusko of National Right to Life notes has a pronounced anti-Life bias that leads to an underrepresentation of Pro-Life sentiment in survey […]
- Abortion advocates want mothers to think abortion is their only option August 22, 2019Reading Time: 3 minutesEarlier this year, Google announced new rules for pregnancy resource centers advertising through the site. Following the rule change, when pregnancy resource center ads appear in search results for terms related to abortion, there is a disclaimer under the ad: “Does not provide abortions.” The reason for this disclaimer appears to be […]